No cold water in the shower why and what to do
What happens when you take a cold shower? Does it really get colder or warmer? How does it affect your body?
Taking a cold shower has become very common these days. Many people love taking cold showers because they say it helps them relax and unwind. Some even claim that it helps their skin glow and makes them look younger.
However, some people don’t realize the potential risks associated with taking cold showers. In fact, taking cold showers can cause serious health problems. So before you jump into the shower, read this article to learn why taking cold showers can harm your health.
Cold Water Not Coming out of the Shower
If you are one of those who have trouble getting water out of the shower after taking a cold shower, then you need to know what is happening inside your body.
The first thing that comes to mind is that your blood vessels constrict. This means that the walls of your arteries and veins contract, which causes less blood flow through your circulatory system.
This could be dangerous for several reasons. First, if you do not have enough blood flowing through your body, your organs will start to fail. Second, if you are dehydrated, your kidneys will also start failing. Third, if you have anemia, you may experience weakness and fatigue. Fourth, if you are older than 50 years old, you should avoid taking cold showers as much as possible.
Why do Pressure-Balancing Valves fail?
Pressure balancing valves are used to control the amount of water going into the shower head. These valves are designed to work automatically, but sometimes they malfunction. When this happens, the valve fails to open or close properly.
If this happens often, it is best to replace the pressure balancing valve.
How to Replace a Shower Cartridge?
To replace a cartridge, you must remove the handle from the wall. Then unscrew the screws holding the showerhead on the wall. Remove the showerhead by lifting up on the handles. Finally, slide off the showercartridge.
Once the new cartridge is installed, screw back the showerhead onto the wall.
Why Is There No Cold Water in My Shower?
There are two main reasons why there is no cold water coming out of your shower:
1) The temperature setting on your faucet is too high. You need to adjust the temperature setting so that the water coming out of the spout is at least 40 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature setting is too low, the water coming out of your faucet will be warm instead of cold.
2) Your showerhead is clogged with soap scum or hair. To clean your showerhead, turn off the water supply to your house. Then use a soft brush to scrub away any soap scum or hair that might be stuck in the showerhead. After cleaning, turn on the water again. Make sure to let the water run until all the soap scum and hair is flushed down the drain.
What Should I Do About It?
You should always take care of your plumbing systems. As mentioned above, if you leave your showerhead unclogged, you will end up wasting money on expensive repairs.
So if you see that there is no cold water in your shower, contact us right away! We are happy to help you solve your problem.
10 Steps for Replacing a Failed Shower Cartridge
Step 1: Turn Off the Water Supply to Your House
Turning off the water supply to the house prevents damage to your pipes. Once you turn off the water, wait about 15 minutes before turning it back on.
Step 2: Unscrew the Screws Holding the Showerhead on the Wall
Unscrew the screws holding the shaverhead on the wall.
Step 3: Lift Up on the Handles to Remove the Showerhead
Lift up on the handles to remove the showerhead.
Step 4: Slide Off the Old Showerhead
Slide off the old showerhead by pulling up on the handles.
Step 5: Install New Shower Head
Install the new showerhead by sliding it back onto the wall.
Step 6: Reattach the Handle
Reattach the handle by screwing it back onto the wall where it was removed.
Step 7: Test the Temperature Setting
Test the temperature setting by running hot water through the faucet. If the water coming out of faucet is not cool enough, then lower the temperature setting.
Step 8: Clean the Showerhead
Clean the showerhead by using a soft brush.
Step 9: Run Cold Water Through Faucet Again
Run cold water through the faucets to make sure the temperature setting is correct.
Step 10: Check the Plumbing System
Check the plumbing system by flushing the toilet. Make sure that the toilet bowl is clear of debris.
Why Is My Pressure-Balancing Valve Malfunctioning?
If your pressure balancing valve (PBV) malfunctions, you may notice one or more of these symptoms:
• A slow leak when you flush the toilet.
• Slow leaks when you wash dishes or water the plants.
• Leaks when you use the bathroom sink or tub.
• Noisy operation.
• Leaking water around the PBV.
How can you replace/fix the faulty pressure-balancing valve?
The first thing to do is to check whether the pressure balancing valve needs replacement or repair. Here’s how to do this:
1. Turn off the water supply to both the main line and the branch lines. This means that the valves at the meter and the valves at the service entrance need to be shut off.
2. Open the cabinet under the kitchen sink, and look inside. The pressure balancing valve is usually located near the bottom of the cabinet. You may have to open the cabinet door to get access to the valve.
3. Look for signs of leaking or dripping water from the valve. If you find any signs of leakage, replace the pressure-balancing valve immediately.
4. If you don’t find any signs of leaking or dripping, then you only need to replace the rubber packing seal.
We hope that our article has helped you with your questions regarding why is my shower not working. If you still have other questions, please feel free to ask them below. Our experts will try their best to answer all your questions as soon as possible.